Now that I've welcomed you to my blog I'm considering this my first post. I put a lot thought into how to start and decided the best way to begin is to start with center of my farm, our home. Our farmhouse was built in 1906 by George and Julia Massey. My Great-Grandfather Russell Price and Great-Grandmother Blanche Miles Price purchased the home at an auction for $5000.00 sometime during the late 40's. My Great-Grand parents bought the property for additional farmland. My Great-Grandmother never had any intentions of living in the home as it was rumored that the house is haunted. As for that I can testify to some strange happenings during my life span here. The house was unoccupied until around 1950 when my Grand-parents Eugene and Shirley Price took up resident. My mother was born in 1952 and came home from the hospital to this home. The house was then left unoccupied from the 1953's until my parents Allen and Deborah Price Armstrong decided to purchase the home from my Great-Grandmother in 1982 I was six years old. I remember the move and thinking how exciting it was going to be to have own room finally. Since then this house has been a safe haven for many animals and people. Currently we have the following animals residing in or around the farm. Peggy our goat who was born missing a back hoof. Gilbert the rooster who I found on the side of the road, I assume he fell off of a Chicken truck, Duck Duck our Peking duck. Four more chickens that I rescued from being slaughtered by a hunting lodge nearby. Cats Jiggy, Ernest, Fuzz, Lil Bit, Cami, Baby, Daddy, Mama inside cat and Mama outside cat, LuLu, Noogle, Sarah. there are also three feral unnamed black cats that can only be caught by being trapped. All of our cats have been spayed or neutered and have shots and flea medicines. Most of the were dropped off, found abandoned, or taken to help someone out. They each have their own special story which I will feature a special blog for each. Dogs Scarlett (Min-Pin mix) she is our oldest pooch at 12 years old she is still spry and playful. Timmy (Pomeranian) Buttercup (Pomeranian) and our latest addition Gypsy Rosaleigh (Chihuahua). Bun Bun our Bunny rabbit. Soon to come our a couple of rescue Pot Belly pigs. As you can imagine there is a lot of critter love in this house as well as quite a bit of tending. More adventures coming tomorrow....

Our home circa 1982
before my parents remodeled
No comments:
Post a Comment